STATEMENT OF FAITH
We affirm the following truths:
1. Scripture, consisting of sixty-six books in the Old and New Testaments - is the only divinely inspired and infallible Word of God. Scripture is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
(2 Tim 3:16-17; 1 Thess 2:13; 2 Pet 1:19-21; 1 Tim 4:12-13; Jas 1:21-25)
2. The one living and true God, eternally exists as three persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit - who are equal in power and glory. This triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
(Deut 6:4; Matt 28:19; Eph 2:18)
3. Jesus Christ our Lord is the Son of God - both fully God and fully man - and the Savior of the world. Through his life, death, and resurrection, he atoned for sin and made provision for the redemption of mankind.
(Matt 1:18-25; John 1:14; 3:16; Rom 3:25; 1 Tim 3:16; Heb 2:9; 1 Pet 3:18)
4. The Holy Spirit, the third person of the blessed Trinity, brings people into a saving relation with God, and that he is the Comforter, Sanctifier, and Guide of all who receive Jesus Christ as personal Savior.
(John 3:3-8; 14:16-18,26; 16:8-11,13,15; Titus 3:5; Rom 15:16; 2 Thess 2:13)
5. Humankind was created in the image of God, for the purpose of glorifying God. As a result of the fall, sin entered into the human race as a universal condition, and that sin condemned the whole human race to death.
(Gen 1:27; 3:1-6; Rom 5:12,18; 3:10-12,23)
6. Repentance for sin and reception of Jesus Christ as personal Savior is the one and only way whereby sinners may inherit eternal life.
(Acts 4:12; 1 John 5:12)
7. The Church is the body of believers united in Christ with him as the head. The Church invisible and universal is composed of the redeemed of all ages. The local church is the visible manifestation of the invisible Church.
(Acts 2:46-47; Matt 16:18; Eph 4:4-6,11-16; 5:23)
8. At the end of the age, the Lord Jesus Christ shall descend from heaven to redeem his people into eternal life, and to judge the wicked into eternal death.
(1 Pet 4:7; Acts 1:11; 24:15; Matt 25:31-46; 1 Thess 4:14-17)
9. Baptism by water is the public confession of Christ as Savior and Lord. It is a symbol of one's union, by faith, with Christ in death, burial, and resurrection.
(Matt 28:19; Acts 2:38-41; Rom 6:3-5).
10. The Lord's Supper should be observed by all believers. It consists of partaking corporately of the bread and cup, in remembrance of the death of Christ for the remission of sins.
(1 Cor 11:23-34; Luke 22:19-20)