Considering the concerns over the coronavirus and the health of our church members, CBCGB has decided the following precautionary actions:
● We will continue to have our regular prayer meetings, fellowships, and Sunday worship services. Children and youth will also continue to have their regular programs.
● We will continue to provide regular transportation service.
● People who feel weak or have a weaker immune system may choose to remain at home.
● We advise church members who just returned from China to self-quarantine at home for at least 2 weeks.
● There is no lunch provided on February 2nd and February 9th.
● The bread for the Holy Communion on February 2nd was pre-wrapped. Volunteers prepared the elements using masks, gloves, and tweezers. We will reassess if similar precautions are needed for March 1st and subsequent Communion Sundays.
● Certain volunteers or members may choose to wear masks. Please note they may do so to prevent getting sick, not because they are actually sick.
● We have installed hand sanitizers in the entrances of our church. Please clean your hands regularly and avoid shaking hands. Please cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you need to sneeze or cough.
● Our Social Concerns committee is diligently researching ways to help the Wuhan people in the most effective way.
● Please continue praying for the people in China.